"Curriculum can refer to the total structure of ideas and activities developed by an educational institution to meet the learning needs of students and to achieve desired educational aims”
A carefully planned academic syllabus ensures that the child enjoys the years spent in learning and discovery and acquires a sound understanding of concepts in mathematics, science and technology, languages, social studies, environmental education, the arts and personal, social and physical education.
The Pre-Primary Level (Nursery and Kindergarten)
- Learning is made interesting, fun and activity oriented at this level
- Participation of the students is encouraged through such activities as drawing and coloring, writing, group games, clay modelling, puzzles, flash cards and conversations.
- Poems and stories are dramatized using expressive actions
- Focus is on developing communication skills and on reinforcing an innate sense of discovery in everything that is taught
- Children learn to comprehend through a multi sensory approach as concepts in Number Work, English and E.V.S. are made clear with the use of multimedia
- Nature walks and regular educational tours
Primary Level (Class I to Class V)
- A thematic approach is designed to stimulate the children through various inter-active sessions and activities
- An extensive use of technology aids to supplement classroom teaching.
- Project works in class calls for mass participation. An equal emphasis is laid on developing a strong sense of individuality
- Field trips and excursions make learning fun
- Use of the newspaper articles, quizzes, crosswords and other learning tools enhance general awareness
Middle Level (Class VI to Class VIII)
The emphasis is on acquiring in-depth conceptual knowledge The curriculum is research oriented and based on teamwork vis-à-vis discussions, group project work, discovery and exploration Personality development, value education and coping with peer pressure are stressed upon at this stage
Another manifestation of learning extending beyond the classroom is in the spheres of art, craft, music & theatre. Such activities serve as a great medium for nurturing talent, self-expression and enhancement of self-esteem.This is why at Global Scholars Academy we encourage the participation of our children in musical, artistic and cultural activities.
Our programmes encompass:
- PERFORMING ARTS – DANCE, MUSIC & THEATRE
- Instrumental / Vocal music
- CELEBRATION OFALL FESTIVALS
- ROLE PLAY & STORY-TELLING
- PUBLIC SPEAKING AND WRITING SKILLS
Games & Sports
In an evolved learning environment, children's development extends beyond the educational syllabi and the classroom. Sports and indoor activities, apart from aiding the development of motor skills, physical stamina, flexibility, balance and strength, help nurture team spirit and overall camaraderie – attributes that are greatly valued later in life.
Sports and indoor activities that are integral part of the extra-curricular programmes are:
- BASKETBALL / BADMINTON
- YOGA & AEROBICS